Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hong Kong Tour Day

At the pier in Kowloon.
Our first night in Hong Kong we walked the pier with Beth & Charity and their families. The three of us (and several other amazing women) having been chatting for five long years online. After developing a cyber relationship I was finally able to meet them last night - a highlight of the trip!

Bryan and Jaden enjoying breakfast our first morning.

The view from Mt. Victoria

Today all eight CCAI famlies gathered together for a tour of Hong Kong with Matthew, our representative from CCAI. He is fabulous! We started out by going to Mt. Victoria on Hong Kong Island - a beautiful and very windy drive.








From Mt. Victoria we went to Aberdeen, a fishing village, where we took a Sampan tour.
 
On a Sampan with half of the CCAI group.



The Sampan took us by this floating restaurant - the Jumbo. Believe it or not it will hold up to 3,100 people! It was very beautiful, but then they took us around to the backside of the restaurant where the kitchens are...
... and we decided we might not want to eat there after all!

A fisherman in Aberdeen.

At the Jade factory we were able to watch the workers as they hand crafted a variety of items.

Jaden and I eating Dim Sum... or shall I say Dim YUM! Jaden was eating so fast that we couldn't get a still picture of him - he LOVED it!

Matthew took a particular liking to Jaden and tried to convince him to stay in HK! Um... no.

Jaden has been doing a great job and is really enjoying experiencing a new culture. I was wondering how he'd do with new foods, and the first day had me a bit worried, but he's tried everything and liked most of it so far! Hong Kong is very western, so we'll see if he continues to enjoy it all as we head into Nanchang.
Tomorrow is Gotcha Day! We leave for Nanchang at 11:30am. First we take a bus into mainland China where we'll have to go through Hong Kong customs and then Chinese customs. Then we take a flight from China to Nanchang. We haven't been told yet when we get to meet Lucy... I really can't believe I'm typing these words even now! Tomorrow is the big day. How will we sleep tonight?!

Hmmm... I just looked up from my typing and both boys are fast asleep at 5pm. So much for getting on the right timezone!
Thank you all for your continued prayers! Tomorrow is going to be a rough day of travel with lots of transitions from bus to plane to bus again. The underlying excitement of getting Lucy when we arrive will keep us going for sure!



8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Keeeeek. I am so jealous you've been able to meet the fabulous Beth and Charity and that they've been able to meet you!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying HK and that Maffew (Matthew) has been treating you so well. Thanks for including a picture of him here. Simon and I just coo'd remembering how fond we became of him just over the course of 2 days!

    Can't wait to hear more about this magical trip!
    Sending you a zillion kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had an Angel as your boat driver, Cary, Sue, Kathleen and I had her too! Isn't Hong Kong wonderful? Looks like you all are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Angel, not an Angel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to b able to share some of this experience w u and thankful that u are willing to share it w us. I bought Lucy a welcome home gift yesterday and cannot wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that big fancy restaurant was a trip! Good thing you saw the back side. Greg has been curious as to what sights you've seen in Hong Kong because he lived there. I am so excited for you and so happy that you can give us the play-by-play. And glad that Jaden is adventurous to try the food. I would have a hard time... :)
    YEA for you all. Blessings as you are traveling today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so thrilled!!! So glad you are sharing this with us even though we can't even comprehend how amazing it must be to get to meet your sweet Lucy soon! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keek - I'm so excited for you guys! I find myself throughout the day thinking of where you are at that moment and counting own the hours until you get to meet Lucy and the other families meet their sweet baby girls! I'm glad you took a picture of Maffew! I didn't get a photo of him. I'll be waking in the middle of the night to wonder if you guys have babies yet! :) Praying for as smooth a transition as we have had - I'm blown away!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about you CONSTANTLY!!! Can't wait to hear how the "Gotcha Day" went! And see pics!!! Love you VERY much!

    ReplyDelete